beginner

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Orientation:Straight
  • Fetish:Not Telling

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Is it a good idea to wear a butt plug overnight? I read somewhere that over time any lubricant that is put on a toy before it gets inserted gets absorbed by the tissue. Is this really the case? This would mean that taking the plug out in the morning will turn into a painful exercise. I am not sure how it's possible to add lubricant after the plug has been inserted. Are there specific plug types that are better suited for this? Thanks.

#2 Angry

Angry

Sexpert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Feet in pantyhose and heels (bare is gross), pantyhose aroma, encasement, high heels
  • Orientation:Not Telling

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

Is it a good idea to wear a butt plug overnight? I read somewhere that over time any lubricant that is put on a toy before it gets inserted gets absorbed by the tissue. Is this really the case? This would mean that taking the plug out in the morning will turn into a painful exercise. I am not sure how it's possible to add lubricant after the plug has been inserted. Are there specific plug types that are better suited for this? Thanks.

I've tried this before and I couldn't even get to sleep! Have you done this before? I think since my anus wasn't really meant to stay restrained all night it generated enough discomfort to keep me from sleeping, or get a good night's rest even if I was mad tired. Midori would be able to answer this a lot better than myself, and probably refer you to some invaluable documentation or text, but I just thought I'd give you my personal experience. I don't use lubricant with my anal insertions because I've never had a problem - I mean a lot of these toys are really smooth, not sandpaper.

So I'm sure M will reply but in any event be receptive to overnight discomfort.
Yes I know my signature image sucks - it's just a placeholder till I learn GIMP.

#3 Midori

Midori

Glamour Nerd

• Root Admin
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:There isn't enough space her to tell you! I love to travel, go to kink/leather events, shop, fetish clothing, art, museums, snow boarding, etc. What do you want to know? Just ask!<br />Oh and I write and teach hot sex for a living. check out my book &quot;Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink&quot; and &quot;Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage&quot;

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:18 AM

Depending on the material it may or may not be more comfortable. Surgical plastic and metal are likely to be easiest. Avoid the cheap vinyl and rubber ones.
Have you tried wearing a plug around for a few hours during your waking hours to see what it's like? Tell me a bit more about your current experience level.

Putting a lubricated condom over the toy will make it so much more easier to remove in any case.

#4 m-w-b

m-w-b

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fetish:Dom

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

You might look into something with a pass-through, as the buildup of stomach gases over that length of time can get seriously uncomfortable.

#5 subbieforHer

subbieforHer

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fetish:Sub

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

From my experience:
1. Wear a medium sized butt plug. A large plug will tend to wake you up in the middle of the night after the slightest toss or turn while small plugs will have the damnest time staying inserted (See next suggestion)

2. Lube, lube, lube! You are completely correct, the anal cavity will more than likely absorb as much moisture as it can while the body sleeps. If you're using a non-silicone butt plug, silicone lubricant is very long lasting and highly recommended. If you're planning to wear a silicone plug, you should not use silicone-based lube (because it will have a chemical reaction), and instead opt for a very liberal amount of Astroglide Gel or other water-based lubes.
(In my opinion, its usually a win-win situation: silicone lube works wonders, while wearing a silicone plug is very comfortable for long term wearing.)

3. The goal of butt-plug sleeping: plug in butt, not on the floor (or bedsheets =/ lol) when you wake up. After a few hours, one's muscles down there will want to expell the plug naturally. A good solution is to wear a tight pair of panties or a thong to assist in holding it in. If you find yourself becoming a fan of this sort of thing, I highly recommend investing in a butt plug harness. There are several models to choose from. I have been very pleased with my harness- once it gets buckled on, my butt plug is securely inserted until release.
----

My recommendations for specific butt plugs for overnight use... Silicone: I prefer the Tantus Ryder or The Big End (Doc Johnson). Rubber/Other Materials: Medium Red Boy, Irredescent Plug (both by Doc Johnson), and the Comfort Plug (Vented plug so cramping is avoided.... brilliant =D)

Ever since I started wearing butt plugs, I've found this idea irresistable. As a submissive, it requires my obedience gives me discipline to focus on serving my Mistress. She requires that I sleep with a plug inserted almost every night and I have not had any physical rammifications having been doing this for over a year now.
I'll be honest... sleeping with a plug in can be very difficult and frustrating! There's nothing like the awesome feeling of waking up to a brand new day and realizing that you've started it off right already... ;D

Of course, train yourself slowly (few hours per day at small increments) until you feel comfortable being plugged for 6-7 hours (or however long you usually sleep), go for it!

Have fun!

#6 Midori

Midori

Glamour Nerd

• Root Admin
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:There isn't enough space her to tell you! I love to travel, go to kink/leather events, shop, fetish clothing, art, museums, snow boarding, etc. What do you want to know? Just ask!<br />Oh and I write and teach hot sex for a living. check out my book &quot;Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink&quot; and &quot;Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage&quot;

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hey subbieforHer,

Excellent points and welcome to the forum.

Would you care to tell us a bit about you?

#7 subbieforHer

subbieforHer

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fetish:Sub

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:30 PM

Hey subbieforHer,

Excellent points and welcome to the forum.

Would you care to tell us a bit about you?

Hello there Midori (as well as anyone else reading this),

I am, and have been, a kinkster for quite awhile and started developing interests in BDSM-related activities at a young age. When I finally reached adulthood, I began exploring BDSM very thoroughly. After years of reflection, contemplation, and research, I finally started to accept myself for who I am... a male submissive.

I began a vanilla relationship with my girlfriend and future-Mistress almost two years ago. After eventually gathering up the courage, I finally had an honest and open discussion about BDSM and being kinky around six months later. Not knowing whether she'd be turned off/freaked out or neutral or interested was a huge risk for me but I was very very pleased when she expressed interest in BDSM activities with a *very* open mind... turned out that She found the idea pretty arousing and exciting.

I honestly consider that event to be one of the happiest moments in my life. I've wanted to devote myself to serving my girlfriend as a Mistress since my adolescence, and it was *finally* becoming true! Before I knew it, my vanilla girlfriend was turning into an assertive Domme.

To start things off, we practiced some bondage and role-playing. Our sex lives, and aspects of our relationship in general, were becoming stronger and stronger over time. After giving Her "The Mistress Manual" as a present, we formally decided to try having a Female-Led Relationship. Within less than one month, my vanilla girlfriend transformed into an assertive, controlling Mistress. Our relationship has blossomed into something absolutely wonderful and neither of us would want it any other way...

As far as myself and who I am, I am a somewhat reserved and shy person in my everyday life, although I generally thrive in situations where I am in control. I am an engineering student and work part-time- I have found being able to submit to my Mistress in my private life is the perfect cure for all the stress and pressure of my public life. Its still a work in progress for me, but I have slowly learned to accept and embrace my submissive nature, despite several years of self-criticism and poor self-esteem because I did not fully understand my seemingly "abnormal" sexual orientation.

I'm a pretty laid back person and love learning and sharing information about the BDSM and its lifestyle. With that said, I obviously welcome any and all questions if you want to know more. Thank you for reading!

Peace

#8 Midori

Midori

Glamour Nerd

• Root Admin
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Congratulation on sharing your desire with your girlfriend. That takes a lot of guts the first time... I'm so glad that she's into it and you're both enjoying it!

What have you found are the things that thrill her?

I think she'll find the various chapters for female dominants in my book "Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink" to be very relevant. If she's a reader of kink education books she might have already read it. I also teach a weekend intensive called Forte Femme that the two of you will enjoy greatly....

In terms of further learning, what sort of learnign would you like to do? I can provide you with information on books, events locally to you, events nationally or internationally, parties, play parties, etc.
Tell me what you'd like and I can find you the info and add my personal information to it....

This is such a fabulously exciting time for you! Congratulations!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users