Hyaena

Fresh Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Orientation:Straight
  • Fetish:Switch

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

The topic title pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

More specifically I was thinking of some leather wrist and ankle restraints to begin with, and a bondage collar of some sort, but other than this, I am at a complete loss as to what kinds of bondage equipment to get.

I want to do mostly basic bondage (e.g. simply restraining wrists/ankles), and bed bondage (e.g. tied down to the bed). Pretty much the standard thing when it comes to bondage. Nothing elaborate like suspension bondage at this point in time.

I am restricted in terms of available play space, budget, and not being able to invest in permanent kinds of bondage arrangements such as eyehooks on the walls/roof and the like.

So would anyone be able to suggest which toys would be best suited for someone in my situation? Bearing in mind that I would need the toys to be very portable, easily stored easily, reasonably priced, and preferably which need little maintenance.

#2 Midori

Midori

Glamour Nerd

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:There isn't enough space her to tell you! I love to travel, go to kink/leather events, shop, fetish clothing, art, museums, snow boarding, etc. What do you want to know? Just ask!<br />Oh and I write and teach hot sex for a living. check out my book &quot;Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink&quot; and &quot;Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage&quot;
  • Orientation:Not Telling
  • Fetish:Not Telling

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Consider basic cuffs & a blindfold to start with. If you want minimal care, go for synthetics, not leather.

What would your partner like? That'll also have a lot to do with what you select.

You said your budget is limited. How much do you want to invest?

Here's some items I'd recommend... but again, this will also depend on what sort of play you and your partner want to do and your budget.

Tie The Knot Kit

Taylor‘s Deluxe Wrist/Ankle Cuffs w/ Blindfold

For simple and sexy how-to instruction, consider Midori‘s Expert Guide to Sensual Bondage

Posted Image

Feel free to ask my anything on this ok?

#3 beebop

beebop

Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Orientation:Straight
  • Fetish:Switch

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

I can say from experience that a basic set of cuffs (leather or equivalent, not metal) is a great place to start. Comfy, simple, and effective. Collars are nice, too. Start simple there as well.

Certainly your partner (or lack thereof) and their tastes may make a difference in the best choices, but overall this is a good place to start. Don't rush - there's a lot of personal exploration you're about to do, and you may be surprised at what you find. Take your time and have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users